The Gin Blossom is Julie Reiner’s (of Brooklyn’s Clover Club) modern play on the Martini. An aromatic riff on the original, the Gin Blossom mashes up the fruit notes of apricot with the floral, vanilla notes of Martini Bianco and the herbaceous profile of gin. For a drier, slightly more bitter version, Reiner recommends Contratto Bianco—a spicy, bitter orange-tinged bianco from Torino.
- 1 1/2 ounces gin, preferably Plymouth
- 3/4 ounce bianco vermouth, preferably Martini & Rossi
- 3/4 ounce apricot eau de vie
- 2 dashes orange bitters
Garnish: lemon peel
- Add all ingredients to a mixing glass.
- Add ice, and stir to chill.
- Strain into a coupe glass and garnish with an expressed lemon peel.