Ryan Maybee created this gin- and sherry-based cooler in 2007 for the Vinos de Jerez Cocktail Competition, in which he was a finalist. Since then, it’s found a permanent place on the Manifesto menu. “It’s never going away,” says Maybee.
- 1 1/2 ounces gin, preferably Hendrick's
- 1 1/2 ounces fino sherry
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 4 to 6 mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon juniper berries
Garnish: lemongrass spear
- Muddle the juniper berries in mixing glass.
- Add the remaining ingredients and shake vigorously with ice for 15 to 20 seconds.
- Fine strain into Collins glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a thin spear of lemongrass.