The winning drink in our recent Jungle Bird tasting, is appropriately by the bartender who helped popularize it: Giuseppe González, who is now based at Starboard Tack and Mott 32 in Las Vegas. His mix was the full-bodied, bitter-boozy-juicy package the judges recognized instantly as a Jungle Bird.
Giuseppe González’s Jungle Bird
Giuseppe González, Starboard Tack and Mott 32 | Las Vegas
- 1 1/2 ounces black rum, preferably Cruzan
- 1 1/2 ounces pineapple juice
- 3/4 ounce Campari
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
Garnish: orange slice
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a large rocks glass over a large ice cube.
- Garnish with orange slice.