“Scotch is the main event in this cocktail,” says The Spaniard head bartender Nick Brown. A riff on the amaretto-sweetened Godfather cocktail, this drink adds on walnut liqueur for extra depth and nutty richness. As for the name of the drink? “We named it the Godfather IV because it’s a new chapter of the Godfather that hasn’t been seen before.”
- 2 ounces Scotch whisky, preferably Compass Box Glasgow Blend
- 1/4 ounce amaretto
- 1/4 ounce walnut liqueur
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
Garnish: lemon twist
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a rocks glass over a large ice cube.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.