The drinks menu at The Cannibal Liquor House changes frequently, but there’s usually an updated “disco drink” lurking somewhere along the Harvey Wallbanger mainstay. This revival of the classic Godfather keeps the Scotch component intake, but keeps the drink from becoming too sweet by tempering the amaretto with sherry and a bitter hint of amaro. A sprinkle of bee pollen on the top reads almost like crumbly brown sugar and adds textural interest; it can be omitted if preferred.
- 1 1/2 ounces blended Scotch, preferably Monkey Shoulder
- 1/2 ounce amaretto, preferably Vecchio
- 1/4 ounce palo cortado sherry, preferably Lustau
- 1 dash orange bitters
Garnish: orange peel, bee pollen
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a rocks glass over a large ice cube.
- Garnish with an orange peel and a sprinkle of bee pollen.