This citrusy cocktail is clarified using strawberry yogurt, then carbonated to spritz-ready effervescence. Stilmann pre-batches and bottles the drink, and serves it in a balloon glass decorated with edible paint, post-graffiti-style.
- 5 ounces strawberry yogurt
- 2 ounces ITALICUS Rosolio di Bergamotto liqueur
- 4 ounces vinho verde
- bar spoon citric acid
- 1/2 bar spoon Salers gentian liqueur (in an atomizer)
- 1/2 bar spoon strawberry mist (in an atomizer) (see Editor’s Note)
Garnish: strawberry mist, edible paint spray
- Place yogurt in a container, then slowly pour in ITALICUS and vinho verde. Stir gently to combine. Let curdle, then strain through a coffee filter to clarify.
- Add citric acid, then force-carbonate and bottle at a PSI of 50. (At this point the drink can be bottled in individual portions.)
- Tag the outside of a balloon glass with edible spray paint.
- Spray the inside of the glass with Salers.
- Pour the clarified cocktail into the prepared glass over large pieces of cracked ice.
- Spray strawberry mist over the top of the drink.
Purée 1 liter of fresh strawberries with 1/2 teaspoon of pectinase. Let sit for 1 hour, then strain through coffee filter for clarity. (This should yield 400ml.) Add 5 grams of citric acid and 100ml of vodka, and bottle.