Caution: this tiki-fied take on the Rum and Coke is a particularly strong one, incorporating three ounces of rum, plus any additional that finds its way into the drink as the mini bottle thaws.
- 1 lime half
- 3 to 4 ounces Coca-Cola
- 1 1/2 ounce Appleton Estate Reserve Blend rum
- 1/2 ounce Hamilton Jamaican Gold rum
- 1/2 ounce Bacardi Cuatro rum
- 1/2 ounce El Dorado 8 Year rum
Garnish: lime wheel, frozen Bacardi mini
- In a highball glass, muddle the lime half to express the juice; leave the shell in the glass.
- Fill the glass with Kold Draft ice cubes.
- Fill the glass 3/4 full with Coca-Cola.
- In a mixing glass, combine the rums. Pour the rum mixture through a fine strainer into the highball glass. (The straining should enable the rums to float on top of the drink, creating an ombré effect.)
- Garnish with lime wheel skewered on a cutlass pick and a frozen Bacardi mini, inverted on top.