Singer-songwriter Gram Parsons’ favorite cocktail was the Cadillac Margarita. In an ode to the artist, who had his last Margarita at the Copper Room, the Yucca Valley bar created this on-tap rendition garnished with a half salt rim, as Parsons liked it. While the Copper Room pre-batches the drink to have on draft, this version is scaled down for a single serving.
Eric Alperin | Yucca Valley, California
- 2 ounces reposado tequila
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 1/4 ounce organic blue agave syrup
- 1/2 ounce Grand Marnier, to float
Garnish: salt rim, lime wheel
- Rim half of a glass with salt and set aside.
- Combine first three ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into the prepared glass over ice.
- Float Grand Marnier on top.
- Garnish with a lime wheel.