At Portland Hunt + Alpine Club, the Green Eyes has been the best seller since Day One. This riff on the Last Word is a straightforward combination of gin, green Chartreuse, lime, simple syrup and an egg white, resulting in a frothy, herbaceous drink and “a true representation of Hunt + Alpine,” according to co-owner Brianna Volk.
- 1 1/2 ounces gin
- 3/4 ounce green Chartreuse
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce rich simple syrup (2:1, sugar to water)
- 1/2 ounce egg white
Garnish: lime wheel, cherry on a pick
- Add all ingredients to a shaker and shake with ice.
- Fine-strain, remove ice and shake again.
- Pour into a chilled double Old-Fashioned glass.
- Garnish with a lime wheel and cherry on a pick.