Second place in our recent Boulevardier blind tasting went to Griffin Keys, of (appropriately enough) the Boulevardier bar in Dallas. He reached for WhistlePig rye and Carpano Antica vermouth, and served the drink up, with an orange twist.
- 1 1/2 ounces rye whiskey, preferably WhistlePig
- 3/4 ounce sweet vermouth, preferably Carpano Antica Formula Vermouth
- 3/4 ounce Campari
Garnish: orange zest
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled coupe.
- Garnish with orange zest.