“I wanna make something for the people that just want to drink an Aperol Spritz,” says Paige Walwyn of her Guava Spritz. In lieu of Aperol, she calls on Select Aperitivo in equal measure with aloe liqueur, a splash of lemon juice and, as the name suggests, guava syrup. To top it off, prosecco rosé adds the requisite bubbles.
- 3/4 ounce Select Aperitivo
- 3/4 ounce aloe liqueur, preferably Chareau
- 3/4 ounce guava syrup (see Editor's Note)
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 2 ounces prosecco rosé, preferably Tenuta Santomè Prosecco Rosé, to top
Garnish: cucumber wheel
- Add the first four ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into an all-purpose wine glass and top with prosecco.
- Garnish with a cucumber wheel.
1 part The Perfect Purée Ping Guava Purée
3 parts simple syrup
Combine the ingredients in a bowl or container and whisk well to combine. Pass through a fine strainer before bottling. Store in the refrigerator.