Harborside Bar & Grill in West Ocean City, Maryland, invented the Orange Crush in 1995. It remains a signature, despite it being mimicked by bars up and down the East Coast. “Everybody says that they just taste better here,” says bartender Phil Lewis.
- 2 ounces orange vodka, preferably Smirnoff
- 2 ounces triple sec, preferably La Quinta
- juice of one orange
- lemon-lime soda, to top, preferably Sierra Mist
- Combine vodka and triple sec in a pint glass with ice.
- Fresh-squeezed orange juice directly into glass.
- Top with a splash of lemon-lime soda and drink immediately.