Deemed “the most crushable” in a recent blind tasting of Sherry Cobblers, Harrison Ginsberg’s raspberry-forward recipe opts for a medley of oloroso, PX and manzanilla sherries as the base of his mixture, which gets double strained for a cleaner presentation.
- 3-4 raspberries
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce oloroso sherry, preferably Callejuela “El Cerro” Oloroso
- 1/2 ounce Pedro Ximenez sherry, preferably El Maestro Sierra PX
- 1 ounce manzanilla sherry, preferably La Guita Manzanilla
Garnish: fresh mint sprig, 3 raspberries, orange wedge, powdered sugar dusting
- Muddle the berries in a cocktail shaker.
- Combine all other ingredients in the cocktail shaker, then fill with ice and shake.
- Double fine strain into cobbler or julep cup filled with crushed or pebble ice.
- Top with more crushed or pebble ice to serve.