Bartender Sam Ross has a knack for creating “perfect” drinks, meaning that they showcase ingredients split into exactly equal proportions (see the Paper Plane for an ultimate example). He’s done it again with this egg white-based sour, drawing a line right down the middle with one part applejack, one part rye.
Sam Ross, Attaboy | New York
- 1 ounce rye whiskey
- 1 ounce applejack
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup (1:1, sugar:water)
- egg white
Garnish: apple slice, cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and shake without ice.
- Add ice, and shake again.
- Strain into a chilled coupe or cocktail glass.
- Garnish with cinnamon and an apple slice.