At this Austin-based cocktail pop-up, founders Caer Maiko Ferugson and Sharon Yeung and a rotating cast of Asian bartenders from across the country serve up drinks highlighting their native foods and spirits. This riff on the Adios Motherfucker uses two types of Japanese gin: Roku, and jasmine green tea-infused Nikka Coffey. Combined with Batavia arrack, shochu and a blend of Asian citrus and blue Curaçao, the drink is served over crushed ice in a Hello Kitty glass. It’s a playful melding of herbal, floral and citrus flavors that don’t mess around.
- 2 dashes salt
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- 1 ounce Asian citrus blend (lemon, pomelo, mandarin, yuzu; whatever is fresh at market)
- 1/4 ounce Batavia arrack
- 1/4 ounce shochu, preferably St. George
- 1/2 ounce jasmine green tea-infused Nikka Coffey Gin
- 1/2 ounce Japanese gin, preferably Roku
- 1/2 ounce agave syrup
- 1/4 ounce blue curaçao, preferably Bols
Garnish: skewered candy bow
- Combine all ingredients, except the blue curaçao, in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a tall Hello Kitty glass over crushed ice.
- Top with blue curaçao.
- Garnish with skewered candy bow.