San Antonio loves its Daiquiris, and isn’t above “slamming a Daiq”—drinking a full-sized Daiquiri in a single go. This fruit-forward Daiq is ideal for a Daiquiri slam, but it also lends itself to sipping and savoring. Amaro Sfumato, a rhubarb-based amaro, adds bitter interest and an enticing hint of smoke.
- 2 ounces pineapple rum, preferably Stiggins' Fancy Plantation Pineapple
- 1/2 ounce raspberry syrup (See Editor's Note)
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 1/4 ounce Amaro Sfumato
Garnish: lime wheel
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a Nick & Nora glass over ice.
- Garnish with a lime wheel.
In a saucepan, combine 2 cups raspberries, 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar. Bring to a simmer, stirring to dissolve the sugar, and cook for 10 minutes. Let cool. Strain out the raspberries. Will keep for one week.