Created by Eric Prum and Josh Williams, of food and drink design firm W & P, this near cobbler-style cocktail underscores summer’s prime farmer’s market pull—berries. A hallmark of the season, lemonade in a tall icy glass could not get better. That is, unless you add booze and some berries. Fresh-squeezed lemon juice is complimented by farmer’s market honey and summer berries, all muddled up and dumped over a pile of ice. The vodka is optional, of course, but it’s strongly recommended.
- 9 ounces spring water
- 3 ounces lemon juice
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka, optional
- 1 1/2 ounces honey
- 6 strawberries
- 6 blueberries
- 6 raspberries
Garnish: berries and a lemon wheel
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the honey and berries together until crushed.
- Add vodka (optional), water, lemon juice and ice, and shake until well chilled.
- Double-strain into a Collins glass over ice.
- Garnish with berries and a lemon wheel.