“Herbal and earthy elements can really complement the flavors found in your beer,” says Zac Sorensen, who uses Cynar and Punt e Mes to accent the hoppy aromas of American Pale Ale. An ode to the bitter purls of yore, the Hop Skip Jump is served in a punch mug and garnished with half an orange wheel.
- 1 ounce Cynar
- 1/2 ounce Punt e Mes
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 2 dashes grapefruit bitters
- American Pale Ale, to top
Garnish: half an orange wheel
- Combine all ingredients except for the beer in a cocktail shaker and shake.
- Add ice to a punch mug and fill halfway with beer.
- Strain the shaken ingredients into the mug and garnish with half an orange wheel.