“The best porron cocktails are light, effervescent, able to be shared by a group and fun,” explains Ezra Star of the ideal characteristics of any drink served in a Spanish porron. Her mixture of brandy, rum, lemon and grenadine is topped with a healthy dose of Cava; her recommended presentation is over a bed of ice with an optional bib on the side.
- 4 ounces brandy, preferably Torres 10 Gran Reserva
- 2 ounces Spanish rum, preferably Navazos Palazzi Cask Strength
- 3 ounces lemon juice
- 3 ounces grenadine
- 1 barspoon absinthe, preferably Kübler
- 4 dashes Angostura bitters
- Cava, to top
- Combine all ingredients, except for Cava, in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Double strain into a porron.
- Top with Cava.
- Serve the porron on a bed of crushed ice.