Several years ago at a sports bar in Williamsburg, Brooklyn—spiritual home of the hipster—bartender Toby Maloney was introduced to the “bro-mosa,” an ironic play on the Mimosa consisting of Miller High Life and orange juice. He was happily surprised at how well orange complemented the Champagne of Beers’ maltiness, and decided to integrate the discovery into his own bars, where oranges usually languished after being stripped of their peels for garnish. Maloney added another layer of complexity with Zwack, a Hungarian amaro for a more bitter play on the bro-mosa.
- 2 ounces Zwack
- 1 ounce fresh orange juice
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- Miller High Life, to top
Garnish: half orange wheel
- Add the Zwack, orange juice, and lemon juice to a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain over ice into a Collins glass, top with Miller High Life, and add the garnish.