Stephen Palahach of Brooklyn’s Maison Premiere stacks anise-flavored Ojen atop absinthe swizzles it with yellow Chartreuse. “Lighter herbal liqueurs are . . . great bedfellows with Ojen,” says Palahach, who demonstrates the principle in his refreshing and aromatic Imperial Opal.
- 1/4 ounce Legendre Ojen
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce yellow Chartreuse
- 1 ounce water
- 1 ounce absinthe, preferably Tenneyson
Garnish: rose water, two lemon twists
- Swizzle in a rocks glass with crushed ice until well diluted, then top with more crushed ice.
- Finish the cocktail with a few drops of rose water and two lemon twists tucked into the side of the glass.
- Serve with two small straws.