“Like its name, this drink is a harmonious glint of warm sunshine in the dead of winter,” says Dan Zeiders, whose Inverno Luce translates to “winter light” in Italian. A base of herbaceous Amaro Sibona is married with a malty and smoky 12-year Scotch and finished with the addition of laurel, evergreen and juniper notes from gin resulting in a winter cocktail that’s a perfect balance of sweet and bitter.
- 1 3/4 ounces Amaro Sibona
- 3/4 ounce single malt scotch whisky, preferably Glenlivet 12-Year
- 1/2 ounce gin, preferably St. George Terroir
Garnish: orange twist
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a rocks glass over a large ice cube.
- Garnish with an orange twist.