According to Cub and Dandelyan bartender Ryan Chetiyawardana, it’s always best to begin making at-home infusions with low-ABV bases. While traditional infusion methods (i.e. adding your ingredients to liquid and letting it sit in a cool, dry place) will take longer, using an iSi to “charge” the infusion is as fast as it gets. This infusion of fino sherry turns the wine into a ready-to-drink cocktail—just add ice.
- 2 1/2 cups fino sherry
- 3 fresh cherries, pitted
- 2 sprigs mint
- 1 sprig basil
- 3 dried apricots
- peel of one whole lemon
- half of one spit vanilla pod
- Add all ingredients to an iSi canister, seal and charge twice with a nitrous charger.
- Shake, then allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Vent the gas, then open, filter and bottle.
- Keep chilled and serve in a wine glass over a cube of ice.