The essential ingredient in a buck cocktail is ginger ale or ginger beer. From there, just add a spirit, some citrus and perhaps a dash of bitters. In the case of Jamie Boudreau’s Italian Buck, the ingredients are, appropriately, all Italian. The Seattle bartender mixes Italian artichoke amaro Cynar with the Bolognese Amaro Montenegro and fresh lime juice for a sprightly, bittersweet long cocktail for all seasons.
- 1 1/2 ounces Cynar
- 1 1/2 ounces Amaro Montenegro
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 3 ounces ginger beer
Garnish: lime wheel
- Add Cynar, Amaro Montenegro and lime juice to a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a Collins glass filled with ice.
- Top up with ginger beer and more ice, if necessary.
- Garnish with a lime wheel.