If an Irish exit is leaving a party without telling anyone, an Italian exit is leaving a party with a vermouth cocktail in hand. This bittersweet stirred drink marries Carpano dry vermouth and Carpano Antica, all tied together with a splash of Fernet-Branca for a veritable Italian triple threat.
- 1 1/2 ounces dry vermouth, preferably Carpano Dry
- 1 1/2 ounces sweet vermouth, preferably Carpano Antica
- 1/4 ounce Fernet-Branca
Garnish: orange peel
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled coupe or cocktail glass.
- Garnish with an orange peel.