At first glance, this mix of funky cachaça and bittersweet Amaro Montenegro seems like an odd combination, but they blend together seamlessly when shaken up with the sweet and sour notes of toasty banana liqueur and lemon juice. Extra Fancy’s Rob Krueger loves a whimsical garnish, so he tops this Brazilian cooler with a feathered orange peel.
- 1 1/2 ounces cachaça (preferably Avúa Amburana)
- 1 ounce Amaro Montenegro
- 3/4 ounce Giffard Banane du Brésil
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 1 dash Hella Aromatic Bitters (or 1 dash Angostura)
Garnish: crazy orange peel
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a Collins glass over crushed ice.
- Garnish with a crazy orange peel.