In this modified Clover Club, bartender Jason Asher calls on raspberry jacked-gin, an infusion technique inspired by historic applejack production.
- 2 ounces raspberry-jacked gin, preferably Fords (see Editor's Note)
- 1/2 ounce dry vermouth, preferably Dolin
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1 ounce egg white
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker tin with ice.
- Shake vigorously until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled coupe or cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a raspberry on a pick.
1 pound individually quick-frozen raspberries
1 liter gin, preferably Fords
Combine ingredients and let sit for 24 hours at room temperature. Strain the mixture, lightly pressing the fruit to extract as much flavor as possible. Bottle and store.