Jane Danger’s Margaladaoma uses soy sauce as an ode to the umami of the Michelada, and tequila and lime, to the timeless combination of the Margarita; yuzu ale represents the citrus of a Paloma. The wildcard additions of sesame oil and pomegranate molasses hint at Danger’s tiki roots and round out the flavors, while a hit of Sriracha adds some heat.
Jane Danger’s Margaladaoma
Jane Danger, Mother of Pearl | New York City
- 1 barspoon pomegranate molasses
- 2 dashes soy sauce
- 2 dashes toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 ounce Sriracha
- 1/2 ounce honey syrup or cane syrup (1:1, honey or cane sugar to water)
- 3/4 ounce tequila
- yuzu ale, to top
- salt, for rimming
Garnish: lime wedge
- Rim a Collins glass with salt.
- In a shaker tin, combine all ingredients except for ale and shake with ice.
- Strain into the glass and top with yuzu ale.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.