This tall, refreshing cooler is ideal to “enjoy outside on a patio all summer,” Javelle Taft says. The core of the drink is a relatively dry Vieux Blanc (“old” or aged white) Pineau des Charentes, given a vegetal twist by mixing with a green chile–flavored vodka and spiced with ginger syrup.
- 1 1/2 ounces Pineau des Charentes White
- 1 ounce reposado tequila, preferably Don Fulano
- 1/2 ounce green chile vodka, preferably St. George Spirits
- 1/4 ounce ginger syrup (see Editor’s Note)
- 1/4 ounce lime juice
- seltzer, to top
Garnish: lime wedge
- Shake first five ingredients with ice.
- Strain into a Collins glass over an ice spear.
- Top up with seltzer.
- Garnish with lime wedge.
In a Vitamix, combine 2 parts superfine white sugar to 1 part fresh-pressed ginger juice. Blend until sugar is fully dissolved.