Dan Sabo’s Singapore Sling variant calls for two types of Jamaican rum, alongside the modified proportions of the drink’s classic ingredients and a small dose of Bénédictine.
Je Suis Le Tigre
Dan Sabo, Rick's Place | Los Angeles
- 3/4 ounce Wray & Nephew white overproof rum
- 3/4 ounce dark rum, preferably Appleton Estate 12
- 3/4 ounce bianco vermouth
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 1/4 ounce orgeat
- 1/4 ounce Cherry Heering
- 1 barspoon Bénédictine
- 4 dashes Angostura bitters
Garnish: mint bouquet, brandied cherries, straw
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and whip-shake with two ice cubes.
- Roll into a chilled hurricane glass and top with crushed ice.
- Garnish with a mint bouquet, brandied cherries and a straw.