Mixing cream with two liqueurs adds extra dimension to this iced Irish Coffee. Jelani Johnson also makes a more traditional variation, served hot.
- 2 ounces Irish whiskey
- 1 teaspoon simple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla syrup (see Editor’s Note)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon syrup (see Editor’s Note)
- 5 ounces cold brew coffee
- 1 ounce flavored cream (see Editor’s Note)
Garnish: grated nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients, except flavored cream, in Collins glass over ice.
- Stir to integrate.
- Top with flavored cream.
- Garnish with grated nutmeg. Serve with straw.
Make a 1:1 simple syrup, and simmer with vanilla bean. Discard vanilla bean before using.
Make a 1:1 simple syrup, and simmer with cinnamon stick. Discard cinnamon stick before using.
In a cocktail shaker combine, 6 ounces heavy cream with 1 ounce each Drambuie and Licor 43. Shake with a Hawthorne strainer coil until the mixture has thickened but is still pourable (about 1 minute).