“I saw the potential in making the Vesper better than that weird, esoteric James Bond drink, and turning it into Martini for a modern palate,” says Jelani Johnson. Small measures of gin and Cocchi Americano add nuanced sweet and bitter tones to the vodka base, which serves to elongate the botanical character of the supporting ingredients.
- 2 ounces vodka, preferably Absolut
- 1/2 ounce gin, preferably Tanqueray 10
- 1/2 ounce Cocchi Americano
- 1 dash orange bitters (optional)
Garnish: lemon twist
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass with ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a Martini or coupe glass.
- Garnish with lemon twist.