Placing in third in our recent blind tasting, Simó‘s recipe calls on two ounces of Russell’s Reserve 10 Year Old Bourbon, a quarter-ounce of rich demerara syrup and three types of bitters. The tasters thought the drink spicy and complex, with the sugar content and mouth-feel right on the money.
- 2 ounces Russell's Reserve 10 Year Old Bourbon
- 1/4 ounce rich demerara syrup (2:1, demerara syrup:water)
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 2 dashes Regans' orange bitters
- 1 dash Bittermens Mole bitters
Garnish: orange peel
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir briskly for 15 to 20 seconds.
- Strain into a rocks glass over a large ice cube.
- Garnish with a long swath of orange peel.