Pineapple and passion fruit lend a tiki-like vibe to this cobbler riff, which is an excuse to go extra with the garnish. The drink’s name nods to the fact that, mixed together, the fruity flavors remind Dan Greenbaum of a grown-up version of a fruit punch juice box.
Dan Greenbaum, Diamond Reef | Brooklyn, NY
- 1-inch cube fresh pineapple
- 1 orange half-wheel
- 1 lemon wedge
- 1/2 ounce passion fruit syrup (see Editor's Note)
- 3 ounces sweet vermouth, preferably Carpano Antica Formula
Garnish: pineapple, mint, orange
- Add the pineapple, orange, lemon and passion fruit syrup to a mixing tin and muddle.
- Add the vermouth and swirl briefly.
- Dump the contents of the tin into a chilled Collins glass.
- Fill the glass 3/4 full with with pebble or crushed ice and mix briefly with a spoon or metal straw to integrate.
- Garnish with fruit and a mint sprig.
Passion Fruit Syrup:
1 part passion fruit purée, preferably Les Vergers Boiron
2 parts simple syrup
In a container, stir together ingredients until fully integrated.