The June n Juice is bartender Anthony Bates’ ode to Juneteenth. His pear- and gin-laced riff on the Piña Colada is his way of honoring the path—from the Caribbean up through the South—that many African-Americans took when they came to America. The Caribbean influence comes by way of coconut and pineapple, while Bittermens Burlesque bitters add a touch of New Orleans spice to the mix.
- 1 ounce London dry gin, preferably Oxley
- 1 ounce pear brandy, preferably Purkhart Pear Williams Brand
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 1 ounce pineapple juice
- 1 ounce coconut cream
- 3 dashes Bittermens Burlesque Bitters
Garnish: mint bouquet
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker tin with pebble or crushed ice.
- Shake until chilled and pour into a Collins glass.
- Top with more pebble or crushed ice.
- Garnish with mint.