“One of my favorite things to drink is Champagne,” says Shannon Tebay, who reinterprets one of the bar world’s most salaciously named Champagne cocktails—the Pornstar Martini—with her own brand of sophistication. “If you distill that cocktail down, it’s essentially a passion fruit Champagne cocktail,” she explains. Drawing on another signature—pairing fruit and vegetal flavors—she adds dill-infused aquavit to the passion fruit liqueur, and swaps the expected vanilla vodka for El Tesoro blanco tequila, which “has a little bit of a vegetal element and a little bit of a vanilla component that rounds out the cocktail,” she says. Of course, the finishing touch comes via a topper of Champagne.
- 1 ounce blanco tequila, preferably El Tesoro
- 1/2 ounce aquavit, preferably Gamle Ode Dill
- 1 teaspoon passion fruit liqueur, preferably Giffard
- 1 teaspoon crème de cacao, preferably Marie Brizard
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- Champagne, preferably G.H. Mumm
- Combine all ingredients, except the Champagne, in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a chilled Champagne flute or wine glass.
- Top with Champagne.