Kapri Robinson favors the Adonis so much that she pulled it out for an elimination challenge on Netflix’s Drink Masters. Not only does she prize the complementary relationship between the amontillado sherry and sweet vermouth in her spec, she also appreciates the drink’s low-ABV profile, which appeals to more than a few modern drinkers.
- 1 1/2 ounces amontillado sherry, preferably Lustau Los Arcos
- 1 1/2 ounces sweet vermouth, preferably Cocchi di Torino
- 3 dashes orange bitters, preferably Regans’
Garnish: orange peel
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass with ice.
- Stir until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled coupe.
- Garnish with an expressed orange peel.