In the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog—named after the character from Monty Python (“Rabbits, English, carrots, you get the deal”)—Giuseppe Gonzalez of New York’s brand-new Suffolk Arms contrasts Scotch, a quintessential winter spirit, with spring-ready vegetable juices and that staple of warm weather and lawn parties: Pimm’s. The result is boozy and earthy, yet refreshing: the cocktail equivalent of a crisp trench coat.
- 1 1/2 ounces Pimm's
- 1/2 ounce Scotch, preferably Monkey Shoulder
- 1 ounce carrot juice
- 1/2 ounce cucumber juice, extracted
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup (1:1, sugar:water)
- soda, to top
Garnish: strawberry, cucumber and mint
- Combine all ingredients in shaker and shake.
- Pour over ice into a beer mug, top with soda and garnish with strawberry, cucumber and mint.