Made with a split base of Guyanese and Jamaican rums plus a barspoon of apricot liqueur, the Rum Old-Fashioned served at Cane & Table fits right in with the vibe of the New Orleans bar, which leans tropical.
- 1 1/2 ounces Guyanese rum, preferably Hamilton 86 Demerara
- 1/2 ounce Jamaican rum, preferably Hamilton Jamaican Pot Still Gold
- 1 barspoon rich Demerara syrup (2:1, Demerara sugar:water)
- 1 barspoon apricot liqueur, preferably Giffard
- 2 dashes Bittercube orange bitters
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
Garnish: orange coin and freshly grated nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass with ice and stir for 30 revolutions.
- Strain into a rocks glass over a large ice cube.
- Garnish with a quarter-sized orange coin placed atop the ice cube.
- Dust with a touch of freshly grated nutmeg.