Shannon Tebay leans on the juicy brightness of Fever-Tree Sparkling Pink Grapefruit and an American gin with grapefruit peel in its botanical blend to do the heavy lifting in her spicy, bittersweet highball. An edgy hit of bitter finish shines through, courtesy of Campari, along with a bit of heat from a spicy ancho chile liqueur that’s tamed with the floral sweetness from honey syrup.
- 1 1/2 ounces Bimini gin
- 1/2 ounce Ancho Reyes chile liqueur
- 1/2 ounce Campari
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce honey syrup (2:1 honey:water)
- 3 ounces Fever-Tree Sparkling Pink Grapefruit (chilled)
Garnish: chile-salt rim, lime wedge
- Pour a small amount of Tajín seasoning or a combination of three parts kosher salt to one part cayenne powder onto a small plate.
- Run a lime wedge around half of the rim of a Collins glass, and carefully roll the glass in the chile-salt mixture to coat the moistened rim.
- Combine all the ingredients except the grapefruit soda in a shaker filled with ice.
- Briefly shake to combine, and strain into the prepared Collins glass over ice.
- Top with grapefruit soda.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.