Inspired by the Siesta, La Rambla at San Diego restaurant Mabel’s Gone Fishing is refreshingly citrusy and tart, with a bitter backbone. Bar manager Tony Roehr was inspired by Spanish poet Federico García Lorca, who said that the Barcelona street is the only one in the world he wished would never end. “I was hoping that people would feel that way about the drink,” says Roehr. “A drink they wished never ended.”
Tony Roehr | San Diego
- 1 ounce Amaro Braulio
- 1 ounce London dry gin, preferably Fords
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce grapefruit juice
- 1/2 ounce passion fruit syrup
Garnish: lemon twist
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and vigorously shake.
- Strain into a Nick & Nora glass.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.