Borrowing from the music video of the same name, Abigail Gullo’s LaCroix Boi pays homage to the flavored sparkling water by combining berry- and lemongrass-infused Aperol, Jamaican rum and lime cordial directly in a can of coconut LaCroix.
- 2 ounces berry- and lemongrass-infused Aperol (see Editor's Note)
- 1 ounce Jamaican rum, preferably Appleton
- 1/4 ounce lime cordial (see Editor's Note)
- 1 can coconut LaCroix
Garnish: lemongrass, raspberries, blackberries, lime peel
- Pour out 3 1/4 ounces of the coconut LaCroix.
- Add remaining ingredients directly into the can.
- Garnish with a lemongrass stalk, blackberries, raspberries and a lime peel.
1 750ml bottle of Aperol
2 stalks of lemongrass, gently crushed and scored
Remove 2 to 3 ounces of Aperol from the bottle. Add remaining ingredients and refrigerate for at least 24 hours before use.
2 cups sugar
1 cup hot water
Wash and dry the limes. Remove the peels without the pith and set them aside. Juice the peeled limes. In a large glass or non-reactive bowl, combine the sugar and the peels, muddling them slightly to ensure the oils from the skin have been expressed. Stir in lime juice to combine, cover, and leave to chill in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Add the hot water and stir to dissolve all the sugar. Finally, strain the cordial into a sealable bottle and refrigerate.