Drawing on ingredients from romance language-speaking countries, the Latin Trifecta honors Spain, Italy and Mexico with the strong and savory trio of tequila, sherry and Cynar. Seattle bartender Jamie Boudreau says, “Tequila and sherry have always been great friends, and adding the bittersweet complexity of an amaro elevates the pairing.” Indeed, the three form a perfect trio.
- 1 ounce tequila
- 1 ounce Cynar
- 1/2 ounce dry sherry (oloroso)
- 3 dashes orange bitters
Garnish: flamed orange twist
- Add all ingredients to a mixing glass.
- Add ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled coupe or cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a flamed orange twist.