This Californian buck-like cooler has long been the most popular cocktail at San Francisco’s Cantina.
- 2 ounces citron vodka (Hangar One or Charbay)
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 ounce Five Spice Agave Nectar
- 2 ounces ginger beer
- 3 pieces ginger
- 3 slices serrano chile pepper (to taste)
Garnish: fresh slice of ginger
- In a mixing pint, muddle a few pieces of freshly diced ginger and a few slices of a serrano chile (to taste).
- Add vodka, lime juice and agave nectar.
- Add ice and shake.
- Strain the contents into an ice-filled highball glass, while simultaneously pouring ginger beer.
- Garnish with a fresh slice of ginger, and smile.