To the timeless Moscow Mule construction, Kathleen Hawkins adds a floral note by way of lavender syrup, but keeps the skeleton of the drink intact.
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 1/4 ounce ginger syrup (1:1, ginger juice:demerara sugar)
- 1/4 ounce lavender syrup (1:1, lavender liquid [see Editor's note]:white sugar)
- ginger beer, to top
Garnish: lavender sprig
- Combine all ingredients, except the ginger beer, in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a glass over ice.
- Top with ginger beer and garnish with a lavender sprig.
12 tablespoons dried lavender
3 cups hot water
Add the lavender to the water and steep for three to five minutes, or longer if a stronger flavor is desired. Strain out the solids before using.