The Lawn Boy, made with gin, passion fruit liqueur, papaya purée and Casamara Club’s Como, is Canon’s most popular cocktail. The fruit-forward drink is a crowd-pleaser, but owner Jamie Boudreau has another theory as to why it’s so beloved. “The Lawn Boy is served in a bathtub,” he says of the drink, which gets topped with “Peach Bubble Bath” (peach juice, simple syrup and Foam Magic). “Pretty much anything we put in a bathtub becomes a Top Three drink.”
- 1 1/2 ounces gin
- 1 ounce papaya purée
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 ounce passion fruit liqueur
- 2 ounces Casamara Club Como amaro soda, to top
Garnish: Peach Bubble Bath, to top (see Editor’s Note); dried rose petals
- Add the first four ingredients to a shaker and shake with ice.
- Strain into a bathtub-shaped glass (or other cocktail glass) half-filled with crushed ice.
- Top with amaro soda.
- Top with Peach Bubble Bath and dried rose petals.
Peach Bubble Bath
1 can (11 ounces) peach juice
1 ounce simple syrup
3 1/2 teaspoons Foam Magic
Combine all ingredients in a tall container and aerate the mixture. (At Canon, bartenders use a food-safe aerator, but a similar effect can be created at home by combining ingredients with a milk frother.) Keeps, refrigerated, for up to a week. The liquid will need to be re-aerated after storing.