ABV in San Francisco specializes in mezcal. This menu staple highlights Del Maguey’s smoky single-village Santo Domingo Albarradas, which gets mixed with sweet and sour grapefruit shrub, lime juice, dry curaçao and egg white. Served down over seltzer, the fluffed up fizz is equal parts sour, smoky and smooth.
Ryan Fitzgerald, ABV | San Francisco, CA
- 1 1/2 ounces mezcal (preferably Del Maguey Santo Domingo Albarradas)
- 1/2 ounce dry Curaçao
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 3/4 ounce Shrub & Co. Grapefruit Shrub
- 1 egg white
- 2 ounces soda water
Garnish: grapefruit peel
- Add soda water to a small Collins glass.
- Add remaining ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- Dry shake (shake without ice).
- Add ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain over seltzer water into Collins glass.
- Garnish with a grapefruit peel.