“This was a fun drink to create and really embodies our drink philosophy at Lost Lake,” explains Paul McGee, “tropical, complex and modern.” Riffing on Toby Maloney’s Riviera cocktail, McGee swaps gin for Jamaican rum and pineapple for passionfruit for a distinctly tropical profile.
- 2 ounces Jamaican rum, preferably Appleton Signature Blend
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 ounce pineapple juice
- 3/4 ounce passionfruit syrup
- 1/4 ounce maraschino liqueur, preferably Luxardo
- 1/4 ounce Campari
Garnish: pineapple fronds, edible flower, cocktail umbrella
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and shake with 1 cup of crushed ice.
- Roll all ingredients into a Collins glass.
- Top with an additional cup of crushed ice.
- Garnish with pineapple fronds, an edible flower and a cocktail umbrella.