This not-quite-fifty-fifty Martini riff appears in The Nomad Cocktail Book, by bar director Leo Robitschek. Note that “house orange bitters” refers to equal parts Angostura and Regans’ orange bitters, mixed together in the same bottle.
The NoMad Bar | New York
- 2 ounces gin, preferably Plymouth
- 1 1/2 ounces dry vermouth, preferably Dolin
- 1 dash house orange bitters
Garnish: lemon twist
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled coupe or cocktail glass.
- Express the lemon peel and insert it into the drink.