At Maison Premiere, the Pimm’s Cup is a regular; the Brooklyn bar puts out variations on the English classic seasonally, often turning the original recipe on its head with the addition of exotic spirits and plenty of bitters. “We love to elevate and transport these concepts by playing with different spirits as supporting characters in our renditions,” says head bartender Will Elliott. Summer 2015’s version takes a tour through Rio, mellowing out a bitter-heavy recipe featuring grapefruit and Aperol with a base of unaged cachaça and, naturally, Pimm’s. As Elliott puts it, “This is perhaps our most sub-tropical Pimm’s expression thus far.”
Maison Summer Pimm’s #16
Will Elliott, Maison Premiere | Brooklyn
- 4 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1/2 vial saline
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce grapefruit cordial
- 1/2 ounce cachaça (preferably unaged, Avua Prata)
- 3/4 ounce Aperol
- 1 ounce Pimm's No. 1
- 1 grip mint
- 1 wedge grapefruit
- splash soda
Garnish: 5 bruised tarragon leaves, and splayed cane sugar swizzle
- Combine all ingredients except for soda.
- Shake, then fine-strain into Collins glass.
- Top with soda.
- Garnish with 5 bruised tarragon leaves, splayed cane sugar swizzle and large straw.